New York trio Alpha Faktion are on the run from the long arm of the law in their new video for ‘System Shutdown,’ which is also the latest banger off their long-awaiting new project, Creative Control.
Like the previous released Nottz-produced album-titled track, ‘System Shutdown’ is a shining example of the talents of Alpha Faktion’s three members: emcee/producer Azwun, emcee Kraze ILLA, and DJ Enyoutee. Azwun and Kraze get top billing with their hard-nosed bars that capture the snarling Boom bap instrumental from acclaimed producer, Marco Polo. The same goes for the visuals from Phanatiks Entertainment, whose representation of the “System” is a pair of investigators trying to track down the New York trio.
With the release of this video, the group is on the verge of releasing their much anticipated new album, ‘Creative Control,’ and it’s definitely one for the purists out there. The fourteen track album boasts production from legends like Marley Marl, Nottz, DJ Skizz, and Ayatollah, along with features from Planet Asia and Mic Handz, among others.
Check out the visuals, and redeem an instant-grat download of ‘System Shutdown’ by pre-ordering your copy of ‘Creative Control’ today via iTunes. The album can also be pre-ordered on CD exclusively via UGHH, where it becomes available in the physical form on May 19th via East Rock Entertainment.
iTunes Purchase: Creative Control – Alpha Faktion
02. Price Tags (prod. by Vherbal)
03. Last Hours (prod. by L’undercover Sismographe)
04. Another Day Pt. 2 (prod. by Supreme Da Almighty)
05. The Real Truth (feat. Planet Asia, Skanks, Zagnif Nori & Dready Kruger) [prod. by Ayatollah]
06. Move Back (prod. by Alterbeats)
07. The Formation (Skit) (prod. by Custodian of Records)
08. Let ‘Em Watch (prod. by Vherbal)
09. System Shutdown (prod. by Marco Polo)
10. The Shining (feat. Milano Constantine) [prod. by Vherbal]
11. Divide the Fortress (feat. Mic Handz) [prod. by DJ Skizz]
12. Creative Control (Skit) (prod. by Chess Pain)
13. Creative Control (prod. by Nottz)
14. The Lineage (prod. by Marley Marl)